Mother and Son Wedding Songs
A wedding ceremony is never complete without those special songs and dances. Different parts of a wedding are enhanced by the music playing in the background. Choosing a song for each of these parts can be challenging at first. Let’s discuss one of the most important wedding dances – the mother son dance – and how you can choose the perfect mother wedding song for you.
Mother Son Dance
This is a traditional dance shared by the mother of the groom and the groom himself. It is the groom’s way of showing his love and appreciation for everything his mother has done for him. Putting a little time and thought into the process will mean so much to her.
How to Choose the Perfect Song
There are numerous mother wedding songs you can choose from, which can be overwhelming. Below are helpful tips to follow when choosing the perfect song for this important dance:
- Always plan ahead. Some people might think that choosing a song for this dance is easy that they often take this task for granted. When it is time to decide which song to play, they may realize that it is not so easy after all! For instance, you might choose a song without realizing that the tempo is too fast for comfortable dancing. Make your choice in advance.
- Make a list. Start making a list of songs that will be suitable for a mother son dance. Feel free to include some popular songs. You can also ask your mother if there is a song she prefers. Show her your list and discuss things together.
- Get ideas. If you are having difficulty finding the right song for this particular dance, ask your friends, family members and/or fiancee for help. Browse the internet for websites about mother wedding songs. Are you going to hire a wedding DJ or a band? You entertainer can also provide you with songs that are commonly used for parent dances.
- Understand the message of the song. Although the songs you have on your list are about mothers and sons, it is still important to check the lyrics or message of the songs. Make sure it is appropriate for the relationship you have with your mother.
- Practice. After you have already chosen a song, take some time to practice the dance steps with your mom. You might also consider dance lessons so you can both perfect the dance before the wedding.
Popular Songs For A Mother Son Dance
Country Song – “Wish For You” by Faith Hill
Christian Song – “The Perfect Fan” by Backstreet Boys
Rock Song – “Old Time Rock and Roll” by The Beatles